CD Burning queries

corc2 20:04 29 Oct 2003

System:AMD Athlon1800
Win98SE
LG 16X DVD-ROM (master on IDE2)
Sony 52x24x52x CDR (slave on IDE2)
SB Live
Nero Express & NTI Deluxe Burning software

Yesterday I tried to copy an audio cd and when I played it back there were clicks at random throughout the audio. This is the first time this has happened. When I played the original on the DVD drive the clicks were there again. I presumed this was the drive at fault and today bought the one listed above. I've tried again and the clicks appear again. However when I play the original through the CDR there is no clicking. I used Wavelab to extract one track (that had clicks in the copy) from the original disc using the DVD drive and it played perfectly.
So I am confused.
1 - Is the set-up wrong?
2 - Is the cable at fault
3 - I'm out of ideas now.
Secondly, I've just installed 1 x 512MB 2100 DDR memory stick. In the bios set-up I can't select 266mhz for memory only 133mhz. Do I need to upgrade bios? If so, it sounds scary. Easiest way to do it? Mobo - Elitegroup K7S5A
Many thanks in advance

[DELETED] 20:53 29 Oct 2003

I have heard that some copyright protection on audio Cd's do this, they wont stop you from copying, but make it unbearable to listen to!

critic-al 21:17 29 Oct 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?