CD Burning--Losing Disks.

spuds 19:31 17 Nov 2003

I am using a LG GCC-4120B Cd=Rw Recorder with Dvd combo. Never had any problems with this equipment since purchase.Today I have tried to copy a cd-rom as a back-up, but on commencing to burn, the process stops with the error message: E80041931- Trackwriter error-cd read failed-[T7124].

Checking the fault in the help section, it comes back as:smears,fingerprints,dust on cd.Requires cleaning.The original master cd installs with no problem onto the computer, so I do not think there is a problem there.I have tried three different named makes of blank cd's with same results. Disk rejected and made unusable.Total 5 so far.

Any ideas on what is the remedy to solve this problem, cannot afford to keep losing blanks.

BarryKeith 19:34 17 Nov 2003

It may be some form of copy protection.

R4 19:43 17 Nov 2003

Have you tried copying the CD Rom to the HD an burning from there.

packard82uk 19:44 17 Nov 2003

i have same type of problem when i was using nero i fixed it by using an upto date version of nero also have you tryed a diffrent type of cd?

spuds 20:03 17 Nov 2003

BarryKeith-You could be right, never thought of that.

R4- Haven't tried that yet, will have to give it a try.

packard82uk- Using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5. Never had any problems with this, so far.And have been more than satisfied with it. I have Nero, which I haven't installed on my machine,as yet.

R4 20:24 17 Nov 2003

Don't put Nero AND Easy CD on together as the have problems if both are loaded. I Use a Bootloader to auto change my registry between Nero 5 and Easy CD 5 pro as it's the only way they will work. (Conflicting Drivers)

Nero 6 would have to be on it's own as it cannot use a BootLoader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts