CCleaner registery problem PC not working

NKid 00:02 05 Apr 2017

Hi guys first post here but I couldn't do it on any other forum from my phone. PROBLEM: I was having problems on my pc with win10 so I did a full reinstall and all the problems were fine but I had to reinstall all my games and software. In doing so I accidentally installed some bloatware. So I then downloaded CCleaner to get rid of the bloatware. That worked but CCleaner suggested that I run a registery issue fix so I did and I waited til it had finished closed the program as well as the active monitoring. Then I launched file explorer => and Error. So I launched task manager => Error. So just to try I launched a game to see if it was only the OS and I launched programs and features to => Error again. So I was getting worried and I closed the error messages without reading the error number and restarted my PC. Just before it shut down a message appeared but I couldn't read it fast enough then it turned back on. But it got stuck on a black screen before login. So I repeated the process => same result. Then I boot manually from HD and now it's stuck on black screen with win10 loading screen (6 dots spinning)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:38 05 Apr 2017

Never had a problem with CCleaner's registry cleaner its one of the safest around.

Boot from your windows 10 media and do a startup repair.

wee eddie 12:48 05 Apr 2017

CCleaner gives you the chance to back-up any changes to the Registry before they are made.

Did you do so?

NKid 15:38 07 Apr 2017

I did the backup but I can't access it Becuase the Pc just wont start as for windows 10 repair same THING.the pc won't get to that it just starts spinning the hard drive then black screen. I believe if I'm fast enough to access the bios I can do a system repair from that? Or I could boot from a separate drive?

NKid 16:11 07 Apr 2017

I did the backup but I can't access it Becuase the Pc just wont start as for windows 10 repair same THING.the pc won't get to that it just starts spinning the hard drive then black screen. I believe if I'm fast enough to access the bios I can do a system repair from that? Or I could boot from a separate drive?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:49 07 Apr 2017

Boot from your windows 10 media and do a startup repair.

NKid 19:25 22 Apr 2017

Solved problem : Start by reintalling windows. Then use windows repair and go back to recovery or backup, if you don't have any of those you will have to manually download drivers back onto your system then upgrade to the curretn version of windows if you used an older version during step 1. luckily windows saved a folder automatically with all my previous folders so you can import that to a drive then back to your PC after the process. Also you can delete the remaining version of windows if you desire using built in windows administrative cleanup tool. or just delete the windows.old folder.

rdave13 19:50 22 Apr 2017

Good for you. I suggest you don't use Ccleaner, I've binned it. Use your browser tools to clear the cache every now and again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)