Cardreader 7in1 unknown manufacture.

Gibbothegreat 20:00 19 Apr 2006

How can I find out what make is my 7in1 card reader/writer?. Theres no markings on the case just made in taiwan!!!. I've opened it and on the SD connector it says proconn 031802.
I need the Win 98se drivers for my old laptop.I've googled it and nothing relevent about drivers.

Please help.

Totally-braindead 20:36 19 Apr 2006

I was going to suggest just buying another one from 7dayshop as they are very cheap but upon looking at the five readers I could find, not one of the ones they are selling are compatible with Win98 or 98SE, all need Windows ME or above. The only suggestion I can offer is try click here registration is free, you might find a driver there but its going to be a case of, see something for Win 98, download and try it I'm afraid.

Totally-braindead 20:42 19 Apr 2006

Aria do a 20 in 1 reader, external for £7.99. click here its the one 4th one down in the card reader section and it says it works with 98.

Gibbothegreat 20:51 19 Apr 2006

I too thought about buying another one cos the one I have might even not be compatible with win 98se!!!never tried it.I'll pop down to the shops tomorrow ans see what I can find.

Thanks for your help totally :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)