Can't watch youtube videos higher than 144p

welshflag 16:50 07 Apr 2018

iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) OS Yosemite 10.10.5 Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 256 MB 300 Gb free on HD Firefox (latest)

For some reason anything above 144p just keeps freezing the video every few seconds, although the audio streams OK. Really frustrating and it happens without anything else running in the background. It happens whether flash is running or not I'm loathe to update my imac because of cost issues, but would welcome suggestions for the most cost-effective way of doing whatever needs doing so I can watch videos in at least 750p! Then again it may be something happening in the background that doesn't involve money - I hope you guys in the know will have an answer.

Thanks in anticipation...

rdave13 17:16 07 Apr 2018

Bare in mind that I had to search for the equivalent for task manager in iMac terms, open Activity Monitor, and see what's using the CPU processes. Apple Help forum might be the best for this issue.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61