Can't view 'My Pictures' after MGI uninstall.....

David-333850 13:26 13 Mar 2003

Ok, here goes:
I recently bought a Digital camera and installed the MGI PhotSuite program that came with it, however, I then decided to uninstall this and now when I open up 'My Pictures' I see the Windows flag sign.
If I click on a picture to open it, I am then faced with a choice of progam to open the picture with.

Can anyone advise me what the default progam for opening pictures should be on a computer running the Windows 2000 Professional operating system.?

Thanx.

Gman 15:19 13 Mar 2003

It depends what file format you saved them as. What sounds like has possibly happened is the file format has been associated to MGI Photosuite as the program to open them with and now you have uninstalled Photosuite it has nothing to associate them with. If they are JPEG images (right click and select properties on an image file)for example you can open them in Internet Explorer. Ultimately you can try other programs that deal with picture formats. as you try them you may want to untick the option 'to always open with this program' until you're happy. If you go to folder options in Control Panel and select File types this is where the file associations are set.

David-333850 18:15 13 Mar 2003

Gman,

Your analysis was simply spot-on, re. "the file format has been associated to MGI Photosuite as the program to open them with and now you have uninstalled Photosuite it has nothing to associate them with" - that's exactly what had happened and I was at a loss as to how to get them to open once again in Internet Explorer (which had been the default viwer before)

All is now back to normal now and I am well impressed with your knowledge and grateful for your help

Thank you very much.
David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?