Can't view certain pages......HELP!

[DELETED] 15:45 10 Apr 2004

Not sure what the problem is exactly.....could be java ??? I really don't know!
I registered with click here but whenever I click on a puzzle all I get when it has finished loading is a blank page with an icon in the corner (three different coloured shapes).
I have w98se and ie6. I have sun java and ms java and have tried switching between them but nothing changes, tried changing security settings but nothing happens there either........HELP PLEASE!

[DELETED] 20:45 10 Apr 2004

Sometimes, when this becomes corrupted, you can't view many pages if at all. To reset it, you'll have to close all Internet Explorers and internet programs and delete a Registry entry or file. I cannot think of what it was.

Anyone remember?

[DELETED] 21:19 10 Apr 2004

Sorry had to go out (empty tum).

If you can play that game, javascript is working correctly.

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, ensure that Show Pictures is ticked.

[DELETED] 21:30 10 Apr 2004

yep checked that and it is ticked.

[DELETED] 21:38 10 Apr 2004

Try going into Tools/Internet Options, Security tab and selecting everything at the lowest level (i.e. allow anything).

N.B. this is not recommended long-term, just trying to find the problem.

[DELETED] 21:39 10 Apr 2004

P.S. do you have a firewall. If so turn it off.

[DELETED] 23:01 10 Apr 2004

No firewall. Done as you asked and put everything to lowest setting...........still the same.
Could it have something to do with java machine or sun java?
I've turned off sun java but have had a few minor problems since downloading it (on the advise of another site).

[DELETED] 22:15 13 Apr 2004

Tick as resolved, don't think I have much choice but to put up with the problem until I find a solution or as a last resort FORMAT.

Thanks to all!

[DELETED] 00:39 16 Apr 2004

I've posted in case this helps.

It could be that the game (that should appear in the box instead of the page with three shapes) may be a Flash game, in which a visit to Macromedia (click here) might help.

Failing that, an upgrade to Internet Explorer.

[DELETED] 08:51 16 Apr 2004

Hi, I added a late reply to your previous thread suggesting that you re-install Adobe reader.
I had problems like you're having with PDF files and discovered that updating the browser can either remove or corrupt the Adobe plug-ins.
Therefore, re-installing Adobe replaces these plug-ins.
I suggest you try this before you do a re-format.

[DELETED] 13:13 18 Apr 2004

Thank you everyone, all problems resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)