cant uninstall `Stuffit`

Ray5776 23:40 07 May 2006

Hi everyone, I recently downloaded and installed a freebie unzipper `Stuffit Standard` it`s not what I want but now I can`t get rid of it.

When I try to uninstall it from control panel/add remove etc it just sends me around in a loop.

any help please

ray

Strawballs 23:43 07 May 2006

click here Download and install this and run it

Ray5776 00:01 08 May 2006

Thanks Strawballs, I have downloaded it but it looks like a dangerous thing to play with. I use Reg ScrubXP which I am more familiar with.
I cant see how a registry cleaner will uninstall the program anyway but thanks for your imput.

Ray

Strawballs 00:05 08 May 2006

It is not dangeous I have been using it for years anyway it makes a backup if you do encounter any problems. If you run it remove the program from the list you should then be able to go into your C drive and delete the program files

Arnie 00:19 08 May 2006

CrapCleaner will allow the removal of files.

Latest version here.

click here

Ray5776 00:22 08 May 2006

thanks again Strawballs, ran the prog and deleted it but it still shows in control panel/add delete etc and wont go away.
Reg cleaner looks like a useful tool now that I have had a proper look at it.

Ray5776 00:39 08 May 2006

Arnie, I have CCleaner but I cant uninstall the sodding program, I would not have posted this if it was easy:-)

Ray5776 00:44 08 May 2006

Can anyone tell me how to completely get rid of this please.

Strawballs 01:52 08 May 2006

Look again at regcleaner there is also a tab for removing from the add remove list

skidzy 06:54 08 May 2006

Try using your search box including hidden files as a search request,type the name of the program to delete...then delete all known paths relating to the program in question....then run regscrubxp.
Hope this help Ray.

ianeon 07:52 08 May 2006

Try a programme called "UNLOCKER" from click here this may help you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?