Can't see images in emails

peter t. 14:00 09 Mar 2006

Some of my mail contains images as part of the mail (not an attachment) All I see is a faint black rectangle with a red cross in the top left hand corner. the latest has .gif at the end of it. I am using Wanadoo webmail,XP SP2.

Belatucadrus 14:23 09 Mar 2006

Have a look in Outlook Express Tools/Options then look at the Security tab and ensure that the Download Images option entitled "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail" is unticked.

peter t. 14:31 09 Mar 2006

Thanks Beltucadrus.
Did that already,still not able to see the images. Must be a setting thing because 2 of my friends have the same problem, ones using Wanadoo webmail the other uses MSN.

eedcam 18:03 09 Mar 2006

I would be wary of allowing all images to open automatically in your email.You could try clicking on forward that should allow them to open

watchful 18:20 09 Mar 2006

Under the same security tab, have you got a tick in the box that says: 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.' If so, untick it.

peter t. 12:30 10 Mar 2006

Eedcam,
Agree with your advice to be wary but these are from known sources including Wanadoo.Tried your advice to forward,No joy.

Watchful,
I had already removed the tick some time ago.

peter t. 10:12 11 Mar 2006

I think I found out what the problem is. Wanadoo have a policy that filters out attachments (and I presume images) from forwarded emails.Only way round it is to creat a new email and cut and paste the images onto it if you can.
So thanks for the ideas.

peter t. 10:13 11 Mar 2006

So mystery solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?