Can't save MP3 file to disc - file is MPEG-4

bear73 14:33 17 Nov 2005

Hi

I posted yesterday about help with burning to CD'S. I was just doing a test and downloaded just one track from itunes. This was saved into an itunes folder in the MY Music folder in My documents.

I thought I would see if I could burn this one track onto a CD-R but when I use Nero it does not recognise the track at all. When I try to create an Audio CD, it's fine until I have to drag and drop the track and it doesn't recognise it. I read the Nero manual and it says it only uses file with .mp3. This file is an MPEG-4 file. There are instructions in the Nero manual on how to convert the file but when I do this I open the file to convert it and it instantly says "Cannot open file".

Is this normal for burning software? This is the first track I have downloaded from itunes, did I download the wrong type?

If I start doing this regularly and burning CD's will I have to convert every file I download from itunes into Nero?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
bear

alan227 16:40 17 Nov 2005
  lmhillyard 21:43 17 Nov 2005

I tunes can convert any track to mp3 format.In the settings menu somewhere there is a setting import as mp3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)