CAnt right with new Samsung CDRW DVD rom combo

User-CDCF2885-6816-419B-B3140002FF3832B6 17:11 14 Jun 2004

HI
Have recently swapped my old CD rom unit for a new Samsung CDRW plus DVD ROM combo unit.

I have installed it into old Pentel III 450
computer. 256 RAM, plenty of memory. Running XP prof. All progs ok, apart frmo new games.

SO far I can get the unit to go through the entire process of burning a CD, but its unreadable by all cdrom inc home stereo, good DVD player,and original burning unit.

ANYone have any ideas what i could try to heal this unit. Or test it out,

MAybe go through basic preferences??????

Fruit Bat 17:18 14 Jun 2004

What op sys? and burning prog?

Fruit Bat 17:22 14 Jun 2004

Sorry XP pro missed that with my old eyes? Have you got windows cd recording ticked in propeties / recording?

Have you selected correct option in Nero?

What sort of CDs are you trying to record?

Using Roxio basic, which was bundled with the unit.

HAd a bit of a probl;em with the first bundled CD rom, titled Users Guide, from Samsung, had a file forwarded to me frmo Samsung.n Not very heklpful.

CD's Im using are TDK CDR74 650 mb, 74 min.

Just noticed Certified upto 8x speed.

Where do i tick CD recording????

bretsky 18:22 14 Jun 2004

Not very helpful, but I had a samsung CD/CDR/RW
burner/DVD ROM combo unit with Roxio basic software and was so dissatisfied with it I replaced with an NEC DVD writer and Roxio 6 authoring software and have never looked back!

Very very temperamental the samsung {SM 308}

bretsky ;0)

Thanks, might be able to take it back but I doubt it, as i bougt it back in Jan, when I had time.Since then Haven't been able to focu solely on it.

Anyone got any advice?????

buscrew 18:32 14 Jun 2004

Have you set the options on "eject" to close the cd to read on all drives, it sounds like the cd is being left open to add more files. In order to get it to read on another cd-rom or player the disk has to be finalized that way.

Have tried to finalise all recordings, soing terack at once, and whole cd etc, all the options still no luck.

Did notice that if I set it to the lowest possible write speed, that I got (after a very long time) a list of the tracks on the CD which I had copied. But still no play.All the tracks had titles but no length??????? Could it be a setrting or speed between the slow old computer and the fast new writer.

I have performed a check and this is info
Audio extraction 6x (1065kb/sec)
Write speed is owest 8x (200kb/sec)
Supported media ios CDR
Im using TDK CDR74
Is this a problem

I am trying to burn some downloaded tunes. Could this be a problem, that the files are MP3 files which open with Windows media player??
Shouldn't be eh?

Anyway thanks for help everyone.

Have tried to finalise all recordings, soing terack at once, and whole cd etc, all the options still no luck.

Did notice that if I set it to the lowest possible write speed, that I got (after a very long time) a list of the tracks on the CD which I had copied. But still no play.All the tracks had titles but no length??????? Could it be a setrting or speed between the slow old computer and the fast new writer.

I have performed a check and this is info
Audio extraction 6x (1065kb/sec)
Write speed is owest 8x (200kb/sec)
Supported media ios CDR
Im using TDK CDR74
Is this a problem

I am trying to burn some downloaded tunes. Could this be a problem, that the files are MP3 files which open with Windows media player??
Shouldn't be eh?

Anyway thanks for help everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?