can't read UDF formatted CDRW IN XP

CHRISBORTH 21:37 07 Apr 2004

I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows XP from Windows 98. I had Easy CD Creator 4 installed on the 98 system. I backed up all my data including details of passwords for web pages etc on a cd rw disc.
Following the installation of XP I now find that I can’t access the data on the cdrw. XP says the data on the cd is UDF, but doesn’t identify each individual folder and file. I have checked the Microsoft windows website and downloaded a UDF reader patch without success. Also Easy CD Creator 4 will not work on XP.
Does any one know how to sort this out, other than reverting back to Windows 98, or will I have to upgrade to a more recent Easy CD Creator?

SANTOS7 21:51 07 Apr 2004

click here this may help

keenan 21:52 07 Apr 2004

L0oks like an upgrade is the best option.

click here;en-us;285910&Product=winxp

keenan 21:54 07 Apr 2004

sorry
click here

GaT7 22:15 07 Apr 2004

An upgrade should do it for you.

Get the latest Nero - click here= or Easy CD Creator - click here= . Before buying determine with the seller they are genuine CDs & not blank-faced copies.

Good luck, G

CHRISBORTH 23:51 07 Apr 2004

I've just tried the patch on the Roxio web site. Still no luck. looks like i'll have to buy an upgrade.
Thanks for your help.

temp003 03:19 08 Apr 2004

I think you'll have to upgrade Easy CD Creator. Version 4 doesn't work with XP. Even the original Version 5 needs a patch for it to work with XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?