Can't open program - Serif Photplus 6

GroupFC 20:00 24 Oct 2008

I have XP home and I am having a problem trying to open this program. Whichever way I try to open it I get the following message:-

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permssions to access the item."

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but get the same response.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Technotiger 20:05 24 Oct 2008

A long-shot but try running click here in its default settings. Then re-start PC and try Photoplus again.

GroupFC 20:11 24 Oct 2008

Thanks but I used that after I uninstalled the program to clear out any remnants so I don't think that's the answer! Thanks for trying tho'!

Technotiger 20:17 24 Oct 2008

Is this any help ... click here

GroupFC 21:03 24 Oct 2008

I don't get the security message on the properties general tab, but having had a trawl I am beginning to wonder if it isn't something to do with one of my security programs.

Technotiger 21:31 24 Oct 2008

Or perhaps quite simply, your Internet Security settings?

GroupFC 22:51 24 Oct 2008

Well I have sort of fixed it.

I use the free Comodo Firewall Pro ( I think that my son, when he was using Photoplus answered the firewall request incorrectly, and in effect blocked the application. By setting the "Defense+ Security Level" to disabled instead of the default of Safe mode, I have been able to open Photoplus!

All I have got to do now is work out how to alter the settings within Comodo, so that I don't have to do this every time I want to use Photoplus - but that might be for another post!

Technotiger 08:33 25 Oct 2008

I guess you are right - I don't use Comodo, so I can't advise you in that respect. Plenty others on here do though!

johnincrete 14:38 25 Oct 2008

If you have a purchased version of any Serif program, you will find their Tech Support very good and with a quick response. But you have to access it via their web site - ordinary email won't work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?