Cant login normally in win 10

Boonchuan 16:41 05 May 2018

After selecting user/admin access. It will goes to another smaller screen with nothing loaded and just ask me to click try again. Tried to reset pc. Will get error and saying cannot reset. In safe mode it will show the normal screen size though. Cannot figure out what went wrong. Tried uninstalling win updates. Same issue. Started having issue after selecting update and shutdown Can anyone advise?

MJS WARLORD 17:06 05 May 2018

do you mean that before you get to desktop you get an extra screen asking for a password..... if so it is wanting you to put in the password that is tied to your Microsoft store account.... when you eventually get to desktop type netplwiz into the RUN box and follow all the prompts …… you wont be asked for it again but you will still get a pop up to say you need to login to your Microsoft account to sync settings ….. ignore it.

Boonchuan 17:10 05 May 2018

No. It is after i key in the password. There seems to be some issue with windows explorer and the screen. I can still request to start task manager. But i do not see it on my screen. But i can see 2 apps running. Taskmanager and windows explorer. I see that when i click alt tab to try to switch between the screens. But i am always shown the smaller screen with nothing loaded

Boonchuan 17:14 05 May 2018

No. It is after i key in the password. There seems to be some issue with windows explorer and the screen. I can still request to start task manager. But i do not see it on my screen. But i can see 2 apps running. Taskmanager and windows explorer. I see that when i click alt tab to try to switch between the screens. But i am always shown the smaller screen with nothing loaded

rdave13 21:30 05 May 2018

How can you try a reset when you can't log in?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus