Can't log onto anything MSN

Dewman 03:17 12 Dec 2003

I have windows xp home edition and all of a sudden I can't log into any thing with msn,,messenger or my msn . I am not sure what is going on here can anyone help. I have tried to also down load the latist security patch for IE 6 exe but it wont allow me to.
I can go thru net scape and log into msn but not msn messenger. I only can not sign in thru I/E

Diodorus Siculus 12:37 12 Dec 2003

Try emptying your temp internet files / cookies and see if it helps with IE.

Jester2K II 13:32 12 Dec 2003

Does it freeze when you try? White screen?

Dewman 16:23 12 Dec 2003

No it does not freeze up or anything. It only displays a window that says page can't be found and it is only when I try to access msn to sign in. I can get the sign in page but when i hit enter to sign in then I get page can't be found. and this only happens when I use internet explorer and also I cant sign into messenger no matter what I use.

ricvic 17:01 12 Dec 2003

Sadly I have no solution for this, but I know of another case like it. I hunted around microsoft knowledgebase for some time and found a reference to deleting certain files from internet explorer. It is, I think, something to do with a corruption in security settings. Sorry i cannot be more specific but this should put you on the right track.

In the other case, the problem started when messenger 6 was installed - but was not solved when mess was deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?