Cant install a win patch for Win mail

Hetti 10:34 15 Dec 2015

A few days ago I received the following email, Dear user, In a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live or @msn email account. These changes will prevent your email from being delivered to the Windows Live Mail 2012 application that you use. In order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 to send and receive email for your account, you need to install the latest update published here.

If you use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, we recommend that you switch to the built-in Mail app in Windows to stay connected and get the latest feature updates on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

I did try to install the patch (unsuccessfully)but as I already have/use Win Mail does that mean I don't need to do anything at all? I'm worried I may not receive my mail if I need to do something and am unable.

Hetti 10:37 15 Dec 2015

Forgot to add I use Win mail version 17,6509.64001,0

Govan1x 13:02 15 Dec 2015

Thought that I had the latest version but obviously not.Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3563.0918)

I don't want the App I am quite happy the way it is so just went for the update. All it did was to repair the one I had which I had already done last week so not sure if I will be ok either.

Just another shambles from Microsoft I believe.

I did read elsewhere not to download the app but to wait till they have fixed problems with it. It was hinted that they are pushing it out before it is ready. Sounds a bit like W10.

Anyhow no doubt someone will be able to give us the proper way of installing it. Preferably without the app.

difarn 14:36 15 Dec 2015

You could consider using another e-mail client such as Thunderbird.

Hetti 17:11 15 Dec 2015

Thanks guys

If I decide to try Thunderbird is it an easy process to move over to it?

difarn 19:21 15 Dec 2015

If you follow the instructions in this link you should be ok.

click here

Hetti 08:38 16 Dec 2015

difarn

Thanks Ill take a look, decide if I can carry it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf