Can't install Eudora

brian132 21:14 29 May 2003

I have twice in the last few days downloaded Eudora 5.2.1 to my desktop. On completion of the download I have clicked on the Eudora icon on my desktop to open the file and have accepted the offer to install. The installation begins to take place and then stops. A window appears with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside. It is headed
" can't run the 16-bit windows program" and below this it says
" Cannot find file c:\Docume~\Owner\LOCALS ~\Temp\pft\setup.exe( or in one of its components). Check to ensure that the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.
I have not got a clue what this means . All I would like to be able to do is to successfully install Eudora ( which I have used in the past on several occasions. Please help. Thank you.

Lú-tzé 08:07 30 May 2003

Try copying the downloaded install program file from the desktop to a folder somewhere in C drive (eg c:\eudora_install) and try running from there.

brian132 19:14 30 May 2003

Hi Lu-tze,

You are BRILLIANT-JUST BRILLIANT!!!
I copied it from my desktop to Program files and it installed itself .! I have started to use it already. How your suggestion worked I do not know, but I wish to say a HUGE THANKYOU. CHEERS!!!

Lú-tzé 19:37 30 May 2003

I'm blushing :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?