Can't go online despite full Wi-Fi bar?

livi.harrington.1995 19:14 02 Apr 2018

Hello, I can't connect to the internet despite having a full Wi-Fi bar showing.

I manually installed the appropriate driver (AR9285 Atheros for Win 7) then restarted, but this didn't work.

Any help appreciated - Olivia

The Kestrel 19:48 02 Apr 2018

Have you entered the wireless password or key from your router onto the PC, laptop, tablet or whatever you are using?

netgearrouter 20:28 02 Apr 2018

Let’s us start by Listing out Most of Netgear Wireless Related Problem That Can cause Internet Disturbance At Your Home if You are Using a Netgear Wireless Router.

Netgear router ip Address

livi.harrington.1995 21:23 02 Apr 2018

Yep, I've typed the password and no, I'm not using a Netgear router.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:09 02 Apr 2018

Unplug the router wait 10 second plug it back in and wait for all he lEds to settle then retry to connect.

BT 08:28 03 Apr 2018

Just because you have a 'Full WiFi' indication doesn't mean your router is accessing the internet. The WiFi is just the connection between your device and the Router and can be showing as OK even if your Broadband connection is down.

MJS WARLORD 10:45 03 Apr 2018

Is it just 1 device or all items that cant get online eg pc no tablet yes. Do you have any spare filters that you plug the phone line and internet cable into , these can do weird things if part of them go faulty , check them all.

You say you typed password in , its not the password you type in for a wi fi link to work , as kestrel says , its the keycode , if you lost the card its printed on the base , at least that's what I do to connect on my bt hub when I get a new device.

livi.harrington.1995 11:32 03 Apr 2018

Can you please explain how to input this password?

Connection has failed for this laptop on 2 different routers in 2 different places.

Desktops, tablets and smartphones are all using Wi-Fi without any problems.

MJS WARLORD 11:54 03 Apr 2018

if your setup works same as mine , on the laptop you CANT use online click on the icon on the taskbar , it looks like a monitor and should be to the left of your speaker icon.

in the list of possible connections click on the one you know is your hub and at that point type in the keycode that is on your hub , also tick remember me.

livi.harrington.1995 09:47 05 Apr 2018

I've typed in the code that is printed on my router. Still can't connect?

livi.harrington.1995 18:03 11 Apr 2018

I had it taken to the shop. Thanks anyway.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?