Can't get Firefox to work as browser

Myachingnerves 15:31 19 Jun 2008

Hi,
Help please:
although I've downloaded Firefox, when I try and run it, my system reverts to Internet Explorer - what can I do to allow me to browse using Firefox and IE?

Much appreciated.

ventanas 15:39 19 Jun 2008

Have you set it as the default browser.
Tools/Options/Advanced/ Always check etc.

Myachingnerves 15:52 19 Jun 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply ... but I can't find exactly what to do. I went to Tools. etc. but I can't find how to turn Firefox on.

johndrew 16:15 19 Jun 2008

Go to `Search/All Programs/Mozilla Firefox/Mozilla Firefox` and click on the Firefox icon. Firefox should then open and a further window should open telling you that Firefox is not your default browser and asking if you would like to make it so; tick the box `Always check etc` and click `Yes` to make it your default browser.

Now if you open IE you will get a similar message telling you it is not your default and asking the same question.

If you want to create a desktop shortcut for Firefox, go to `Search/All Programs/Mozilla Firefox/Mozilla Firefox` and right click the Firefox start icon and select `Create Shortcut` the shortcut will appear underneath the existing icon. Right click and move your mouse pointer to the desktop and release the button a box will appear select `Move here` and position the icon where you want it.

chub_tor 16:17 19 Jun 2008

Do you have a Firefox icon on your desktop or in the Quick Launch Toolbar? If so either one should be a shortcut that launches Firefox, then you can go to Firfox Tools and do as ventanas says.

Myachingnerves 16:19 19 Jun 2008

Thanks very much - I'll try this.
I really appreciate the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?