Can't get CCTV to work (messed with settings :( )

AroundAgain 09:43 05 Apr 2018
Answered

Hi guys

I'm hoping you have some suggestions to offer ;)

I have CCTV cameras in back garden (for watching hedgehogs and other wild life) but I tried to play a DVD thru this TV, hence changed the settings to play the DVD.

However, I must have changed something else too, as changing the TV input options, I can't pick up the CCTV. CCTV is still plugged in as it was - I didn't change that. All I did was to add a scart lead to connect TV with DVD player. I've since removed that.

I've checked power & vga cable connected. I've also tried connecting using hdmi but no joy

I can't think what else to try. In case it's of any help, the cameras are Swann DVR8-4550 and TV is Hitachi 19LD5550U

TV is not connected to any outside signal, ie no ariel/dish so only used as 'monitor' for DVD or cameras.

As I've said above, I hope someone has some suggestions. I've no reason to think there is a fault, just that I've changed settings unknowingly.

Many thanks

AroundAgain 17:50 05 Apr 2018
Answer

Hi

Thanks for reading. I have phoned Swann and, with their help etc, all is now working well. The reason it wasn't working was because, when selecting input, I tried all of the options except 'PC', thinking that option wasn't what I wanted. In fact, on selecting 'PC' (with VGA connection) all worked perfectly !!!

Anyway, I'm so pleased it's all sorted now. :) Unfortunately, there's no tick to indicate 'Solved'

bumpkin 19:00 05 Apr 2018

* Unfortunately, there's no tick to indicate 'Solved'*

I would have suggested the same but you solved it so tick your own thread.

AroundAgain 21:24 05 Apr 2018

Thanks bumpkin

Once you posted, the option to tick 'solved' has now appeared. Would seem that doesn't happen until another person posts.

Will tick it now. Many thanks :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?