Cant get AOL 9.0 VR

dolphinaber 22:19 15 Feb 2009

Hi I cant get AOL 9.0 VR to work for the simple reason I have nowhere to put my password in when asked to.When the sign up window comes up I have screen name coming up in the top right hand corner below at the bottom is `connection` which has broaband in it but in between where my password should go no block to put it in. So when asked to put my password in I have nowhere to put it. Hope someone can please help

provider 2 23:37 15 Feb 2009

Try Start> All Programs> AOL> System Information (wait for about 30 secs)> Utilities tab and down at the bottom Quick Restore

While you`re there Clear Cache.

If that doesn`t work try Rebuild Adapter.

If none of these work, then I think you may have to uninstall (Add/Remove Progs) and re-install from your disc.

Hang about a while for other possible answers, though.

mrwoowoo 01:21 16 Feb 2009

If you are on Vista then it sounds like the same thing that happened to me.
No amount of install/uninstall made any difference.As well as the missing log in it also kept saying about reinstalling.
In the end i reinstalled AOL VR over the top of itself.(I.E not uninstalling it first.)
No amount of help or suggestions from AOL help resolved it.But this did.

provider 2 11:24 16 Feb 2009

Things may have changed with AOL9 VR, of course, but with the old AOL 9, re-installing over itself was not an option.

I`ve seen a comp with AOL 9a,9b,9c,9d .... all the way to 9i as a result of re-installing in response to various failures ... usually at AOL`s end, it has to be said.

I think uninstalling first is a good idea even though Add/Remove probably won`t remove everything.

feb 12:07 16 Feb 2009

It sounds like you are trying to sign in as a "Guest" use the drop down arrow on "screen name"to select a different account name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?