cant download anything

[DELETED] 21:56 08 Nov 2003

os 98 everytime I try to download all I get is a page of weird script. help

spuds 22:33 08 Nov 2003

Do you use a downloader programme.Were you able to download with no problems before this event.What are you trying to download.Have you any anti-virus and/or spyware programmes installed.

[DELETED] 22:41 08 Nov 2003

hello
try a d/l manager like free spyware free one from fresh devices.

woodchip 22:46 08 Nov 2003

You may need to repair IE. If it's possible Go to Add Remove Programs double click Microsoft Internet Explorer choose Repair then try again to download

[DELETED] 23:18 08 Nov 2003

when you mean you cannot download anything.

is that every file type

or is it just zip

or exe

maybe an file type association needs changing

[DELETED] 01:47 09 Nov 2003

I've got spybot, avg anti virus, and norton internet security installed. When I disable internet security, I still get the problem. I can't download free screensavers etc. I always choose "save" file rather than "open" for safety sake, but i can only get the file if i click "open".

Also if i right click to save a picture ie6 shuts down, but i can email it to myself?????
Anyone help?????

hugh-265156 02:06 09 Nov 2003

right click the download link and select "save target as"

[DELETED] 02:10 09 Nov 2003

I've tried that too but ie6 still closes itself down.

[DELETED] 02:17 09 Nov 2003

The file download box does appear but freezes. I can't even close it down. I have to reboot to get rid of it.

[DELETED] 12:51 09 Nov 2003

Thanks all.
The problem was scrundll missing from Internet Explorer I have run set up again and every thing is ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple