Can't dl wmv

zoobie 10:14 09 Aug 2005

I like to actually test my videos once uploaded to my site in the .wmv format. Unfortunately, I can dl any other site's .wmv...just not mine. All I get is media player throwing an network error.

Since I've noticed people are dl/ing videos from my site to the tune of 150mb a day, is this enough to constantly (everytime) have media player give me a network error?

Case in point...a 1.11mb file I cannot dl -
click here

The above file either just stops at wherever if I right click then 'save target as' or media player will throw the network error.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

zoobie 10:39 09 Aug 2005

Is there a way to uninstall media player and reinstall it without reformatting my disc?
I think this may be the problem.
Thanks

zoobie 19:01 09 Aug 2005

You know, I don't think it's WMP anymore...I think it's my hosting. My WMP9 is fine.
Thanks

zoobie 02:00 10 Aug 2005

I updated WMP and asked my host...
Nothin...

I'll try installing the new mp10 but I really don't want all that garbage they're selling in my box.

This reminds me of the time I went to the living room to watch a movie. When I returned to my computer, it had dropped a file by itself and wouldn't allow me on the internet.

So much for reliability.

zoobie 05:28 10 Aug 2005

Thx
The music just came off the internet. I think it's around $50 per song but I'm not sure of copyright laws pertaining to non-profit sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)