Cant detect my router but only other wirelessnetwo

[DELETED] 06:30 30 Apr 2006

I just recently bought this HP laptop with a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network connection and seems that i cant detect my own wireless network but i can detect my neighbours wireless networks and the thing is, im in the same room with the router. how can i detect my router n use my connection?

mgmcc 08:03 30 Apr 2006

Is the router's Wireless Access Point switched on? There may be an option in its wireless settings for something like:

- Disable
- B only (for 802.11b only to connect)
- G only (for 802.11g only to connect)
- Mixed B & G (to allow either type to connect)

Also check that the router is set to broadcast its SSID, or it won't be found when your laptop scans for "Available Wireless Networks".

[DELETED] 08:09 30 Apr 2006

Yes the access point is enabled and SSID is broadcasted and authenticatd on an open system with 13 channel. WEP enabled.
I have 2 laptops and the one that im currently on can detect the router but the new one cant detect it.

mgmcc 08:41 30 Apr 2006

Have you tried changing the Channel number in the router to a lower one? The higher channels are not allowed in some countries and it is just possible that an HP laptop's WiFi doesn't support Channel 13 for this reason.

[DELETED] 08:57 30 Apr 2006

Ah that fixed the problem. Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple