Can't delete nasty adware stuff

SPQR 18:23 23 Mar 2005

In my c drive, a file called 'temp'has come to my attention, i do not know it if it was there before, or should be. It is full of files though such as 'edowpack' and 'cxtpls_loader_ff'- which mcafee and adware spy both pick up as being unwanted programs/ adware/ trojan. Errors keep appearing saying that they cannot start, and a explorer error thing comes up. None of my adware or virus programs can remove them, and if i try to manually remove them, it says i cant, because the drive may be write protected or not full etc.
How do i remove them?

AndySD 18:25 23 Mar 2005

Try booting into safe mode and run your antivirus there.

SPQR 18:28 23 Mar 2005

i have tried running it in safe boot, and deleting them that way, but when i reboot normally, they reappear! (could this be some breach in my security? i dont run a firewall between this and the old pc (network) - other than that, all my security is set as high as is resonable?

AndySD 18:31 23 Mar 2005

In safe mode try going to the temp folder and the temp internet folder and delete all the files and folders inside each.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:32 23 Mar 2005

May I introduce killbox that will delete any file on a rebooty ;-))).... click here

G

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:34 23 Mar 2005

bookmark

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:34 23 Mar 2005

......and there is always Freefile........... click here

G

AndySD 18:35 23 Mar 2005

Cheers GANDALF <|:-)> I will try it.

SPQR 18:43 23 Mar 2005

well going in safe boot and deleting them seems to have worked for now. how can i stop them from ever coming back though? I have the latest mcafee security centre and adware spy, (with it configured for a network) and they dont seem to stop it.

SPQR 21:15 23 Mar 2005

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?