Can't Copy to a CD-RW 0r CD-R

mistfo 03:26 19 Mar 2004

Running XP Pro and cant copy files to the burner. First i drop a file onto the burner drive icon >balloon pops up in system tray saying "you have files waiting to be written to the CD" >i click on balloon >click on file >click on "write these file to CD" >cd writer wizard box says "there's no disc in the drive, please insert a recordable disc in the G:\ > i've run defrag, error checking, Norton for viruses & reloaded XP with no remedy. Would a "Run Time Error Message" have any relationship?

griffon 56 00:29 17 Jun 2004

Hi Mistfo,

Hope this helps, I've got the same problem and earlier I found a similar thread posted by 'mikeclough' at 07.50 on 25/5/04 to which the answer was to edit a line in the Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\CDBurning\Drives. Setting 3 means that your drive is disabled from recording, setting 2 enables it. I am about to try it.

GroupFC 08:47 17 Jun 2004

I too have had this problem for a long time! (see my post at click here).

I have given up trying to make it work and always use Nero, but at times it would be handy if I could just "drag & drop" (don't have InCD, so this isn't an option using Nero!).

When I get home tonight I'll have a look at Griffon 56's suggestion (although I may bottle it - I've never done anything to the registry -never mind I know where to come if it goes pear-shaped!).

Fruit Bat 16:55 17 Jun 2004

Ensure that the box "Enable CD recording on this drive" is ticked found in:-

My comp>g:\>properties>recording>

/\0/\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)