Can't Boot from CD

jaycup 14:19 29 Nov 2004

I am unable to boot up from CD. The BIOS is set to CD as first device but it will not access the cd. "I click any key to boot from CD" and it just continues into the normal desktop. I tried also with Drive Image 7, which I successfully used only two weeks ago but again it did not work and I got my desktop. Is this a Windows XP, a BIOS or a Registry problem.
Can anyone help.

jack 14:26 29 Nov 2004

More likely to be a CD problem - No bootable sector.
Do recheck the BIOS though, then holding down page Up/Dn key it is easy to skip past the desired setting.

Registry and all this is operating system, at booting the O/S hasnt woken up yet.

jaycup 14:52 29 Nov 2004

Definitely not a CD problem, first thing I checked, anyway have booted from my Windows Cd many times before to re-install and repair Windows so the boot files are there. Have checked the start up sequence in the Bios and again this is definitly set to boot from CD as the first device.

jaycup 14:52 29 Nov 2004

Definitely not a CD problem, first thing I checked, anyway have booted from my Windows Cd many times before to re-install and repair Windows so the boot files are there. Have checked the start up sequence in the Bios and again this is definitly set to boot from CD as the first device.

jaycup 15:31 29 Nov 2004

My problem has been solved. I installed a new keyboard two weeks ago and used the option of a USB connection and this was the problem switching back to a PS2 connection has restored things back to normal and I can now boot into my Windows CD on start-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?