cant add attachments to email

woofwoofbark 17:01 18 Mar 2005

when i send email a rarely add attachments like pictures ect but last night I had a funny pic i was going to send to a friend but i noticed the 'Attach File' button is greyed out both on my IE and on my BT Yahoo Broadband Browser , does anyone know why or how I can get the funtion working ?

cheers

geo

Technotiger 17:04 18 Mar 2005

Hi, what e-mail program are your using? I would strongly recommend that you download/install
Incredimail (free).

Cheers.

woofwoofbark 17:10 18 Mar 2005

sorry it was the yahoo.co.uk email , i have tried incredimail but threw it away coz it wouldnt let me login to my yahoo emails or even with my bt.internet account , i went into tools and added new account and they loaded ok but for some reason it keeps saying invalid password but my hotmail account was working just fine , do i have to upgrade from my free email accounts to the paid versions to be able to use them with incredimail ( my hotmail account is the free version and works fine though)

cheers

geo

Technotiger 17:15 18 Mar 2005

Well I use a hotmail address via Incredimail, if you already have a hotmail address you should not have any problem with incredimail - in incredimail's FAQ's it does explain how to setup using hotmail. My hotmail is also the free version.

Cheers.

Technotiger 17:17 18 Mar 2005

I have just looked at mine, and in the FAQ's there are instructions for using it with Yahoo.

woofwoofbark 17:55 18 Mar 2005

When incredimail starts I get this from a popup using my btinternet.com account

Authorization Failure.

Please review "Server Details" below,and if necessary,validate your account Username and Password

Server Details
ERR popgate unknown command

with my Yahoo.co.uk email address i get the same popup but error says

=ERR Error logging in.Please visit click here

i have no idea what to try now ??

cheers

geo

Technotiger 19:04 18 Mar 2005

Me again - I don't think this has anything to do with Incredimail itself - when you start Incredimail it is normal for it to attemp to log-on to the internet. Logging-on is done from within btinternet.com, so in the btinternet log-on window you should click on Properties or Settings to physically go through the full procedure within the properties/settings dialog, re-typing everything including your password - just as if it was the first time you were doing it - even without changing anything (unless you find a mistake) then just complete the procedure.

Then I would advise a complete re-start of Windows and try Incrediamil again.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?