Can't access Internet Options.

yogibear 22:21 15 Oct 2008

My pc runs XP SP3, and IE7. I recently installed Firefox 3, liked it, and deleted IE7, but my pc started playing up so I deleted Firefox.

I tried to reinstall IE7, but it fails, although I can still get on the web. If I log onto, say icelolly.com to look at holidays, I can't open the drop down menus as my security options won't let them open. The pop up blocker kicks in and stops me dead.

Internet Options is not an option as it merely flashes and will not open.

I can't find IE7 in my Add/Remove Programme list, so I'm not sure I can even remove it to start again, and I really don't want to have to go and do a full windows reinstall.

I've checked various sites which recommend various ways of getting round this, but none of them seem to work.

phono 22:23 15 Oct 2008

What about a system restore to a date before the problem arose?

T I M B O 22:28 15 Oct 2008

Many people seem to suffer from SP3 install when ur xp install is an old one. Firefox seems to work extremly well and is one of the safest. Try downloading a fresh copy of IE7 from this web site >> click here

Since you will prolly keep IE 6 on ur pc you might as well keep IE 7.

Try this and see what happenes'

Best of luck............

provider 2 22:36 15 Oct 2008

I don`t think you can uninstall IE 7 from a comp running SP 3 unless you first uninstall SP 3.

click here

yogibear 22:40 15 Oct 2008

Thanks for that, but I've already been down that route. No joy I'm afraid.

T I M B O 22:47 15 Oct 2008

Then maybe a few scans

click here
click here
click here

Having done some of these scans of course it might be just as quick to format of course depending on the size of the hard drive. The longest malwarebytes scan is an amazing 13 hours lol.

Best of luck........

yogibear 05:44 16 Oct 2008

Wow! Still, I'll give it a go, nothing to lose I suppose lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?