Hot Topics

Can't access admin page 192.168.1.1 again!!

dagbladet 17:40 21 Dec 2005

Ticked too soon I'm afraid. Once again my d-link 604T is showing 4 static and 1 flashing green but there is no internet coming through. Again I cannot access the setup on 192.168.1.1. All I get is timed out or page not found etc. Tried unplugging for between 5 mins and 1 hour after which it all seems to come on-line, network icon at the bottom right corner sometimes shows good and sometimes ltd/no connectivity. Either way there is no internet pages and no setup access.

dagbladet 17:42 21 Dec 2005

I do have internet access via the B/band modem. Just thought that might help.

Forum Editor 18:20 21 Dec 2005

when you say that you can't access the configuration page in your browser I'm puzzled.

The router is switched on, and connected to your PC via an ethernet cable isn't it?

scotty 19:25 21 Dec 2005

Could some other device be assigning a different address to the router? If this has happened you will need to perform a full reset (back to factory defaults) of the router.

dagbladet 23:26 21 Dec 2005

OK folks thanks so far. Sorry to be so long but just been to see one of my cherubs in the youth theatre panto, great to see them having fun but it can be the longest three and a half hours of your life. Anyway, back to computer stuff. I don't get it, not only can I not open any web pages, I can't access the router admin page. I'm satisfied that the address is right (192.168.1.1), the interface is showing four steady and one flashing green. All the cables are plugged in and secure. Can somebody help me with 'ping router address', after which i'll look at the settings. Just to confirm that if I plug in the b/b modem that they sent when I signed up (speedtouch 330?) it works just fine.

scotty 23:56 21 Dec 2005

Open a command (DOS) window.

At the C:\ prompt type PING 192.168.1.1 and then press enter.

dagbladet 00:18 22 Dec 2005

Scotty tried that, got request timed out.

scotty 08:55 22 Dec 2005

dagbladet,

have you run ipconfig /all as suggested by Woolwell? (Open command window and type the command, note the space between g and /) What are the IP settings reported for your pc?

Have you tried resetting the router? Although the default IP address is 192.168.1.1, it is possible to assign a new IP address to the router in the same way as your pc is assigned an address. If this has happened your best option is to reset the router to factory settings so that the IP address is 192.168.1.1 again.

dagbladet 11:04 22 Dec 2005

Okay have now got access to admin pages. Have returned router to factory settings, plugged in 4 static and one flashing, no internet. ipconfigall shows: DHCP enabled - no. IP address - 192.168.1.2. Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0. Default gateway - blank. DNS servers 192.168.1.1

scotty 11:12 22 Dec 2005

Having reset router you need to input the user name and password that your ISP gave you.

dagbladet 11:14 22 Dec 2005

good point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique