Can’t find how to use alias e mail

john bunyan 18:26 20 Feb 2019

I use Outlook ( part of Outlook 2016) as a platform for a number of email accounts for my wife and self, both Outlook ones and a couple of others. I mostly use [email protected]

To avoid using this for buying etc I created an alias on this one. However when I launch Outlook, I can, if I press the new mail, from, button the drop down list doesn’t include the alias. I think I saw it when I launched it another way but can’t repeat how to do it. Any suggestions?

KEITH 1955 18:30 20 Feb 2019

why not use mozzilla thunder bird instead , you can have as many email addresses as you want I know this because I have 4 in use and 2 are not "the real me".

john bunyan 19:18 20 Feb 2019

Because I like, with an Outlook e mail IMAC account, to get notifications or sending on desktop, iPhone or laptop. Theoretically the alias will show outgoing as [email protected] but sill come in to [email protected] I prefer to keep the list of e mils small.

john bunyan 19:19 20 Feb 2019

IMAC = IMAP sorry

qwbos 00:08 21 Feb 2019

Try New, From, Other E-mail address and add alias in the From box.

More on aliases here and here

john bunyan 21:06 27 Feb 2019

I have created an alias in Outlook. Assume it is [email protected] Theoretically I should be able to send from it , but when I do so it appears on the outgoing mail as eg john.bunyan . This defeats the object. When I try to tell it where to send from , only my and my wife's accounts are shown as from. How to solve it?

john bunyan 21:09 27 Feb 2019

sorry, it appears as john.bunyan

john bunyan 21:12 27 Feb 2019

This wont let me show the sideways arrows! It appears as john,bunyan (left facing arrow) joe,[email protected] (right facing arrow)

john bunyan 16:49 04 Mar 2019

Last question - no answers yet. Alias , on arrival, shows my true name pus the alias. How do I make an alias work in Outlook? I want it to use foe Amazon etc to stop harvesting of e mails.

john bunyan 19:53 10 Mar 2019

No solution found yet. Will review later but any assistance welcome using outlook.com

wee eddie 20:09 10 Mar 2019

Give up using Outlook

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?