Can’t connect hitachi smart tv to internet

Gem 19:12 03 Mar 2019

Hi everyone, Hope someone can help. I have had a hitachi smart tv for a couple of years but never used the smart tv function. I have home broadband through sky. My problem is that I want to connect my hitachi tv that is upstairs to the internet to use the smart function. Main reason being I have just subscribed to amazon prime and want access to the content upstairs. Downstairs I have my tv with a amazon fire stick and that all works fine . In regards to the hitachi tv upstairs I have a now tv smart stick plugged into this upstairs tv and the now tv content streams fine. Shouldn’t this be sufficient to use to connect the smart function of my tv and hopefully access the amazon prime content?as I can’t get any connection or even an option to connect on he tv settings. Usually I think I’m quite competent with basic tech but feel like I’m missing something that quite possibly is staring me in the face. Hope someone can advise. Many thanks in advance G �/p>

difarn 21:50 03 Mar 2019

I believe that you have to have the Amazon Prime app installed and I have read that Opera is installed on Hitachi TVs that does not support Amazon Prime. I'm not sure that the now tv smart stick will stream Amazon prime either.

qwbos 23:29 03 Mar 2019

My problem is that I want to connect my hitachi tv that is upstairs to the internet to use the smart function.

From that statement, I'm assuming that you don't have your TV connected to WiFi. If you look in the TV menu, there should be a Network page and from that you can scan for available WiFi. When you select your own WiFi, you'll then have to enter your Network Key. Your on Sky so that's at the bottom of the Wireless page.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)