Canoscan Lite 25 scanner and windows 10

jonathanj 09:34 10 Nov 2017

I have recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 preloaded and now my Canoscan Lite 25 scanner will not work. Apparently, it will not work with Windows 10. Is there anyway that I can make it work, or will I have to buy a new scanner?

Govan1x 10:08 10 Nov 2017

I take it you ran the CD that would have came with the printer. If not maybe go to this site and click on Support and downloads to see if anything in there that helps.

Click here

Typo error it is a Canoscan Lide and not lite. Hope I got that right.

Also in the future maybe change your username if you can as there are loads of spammers with the same name type.

bremner 10:14 10 Nov 2017

As Canon no longer support either W8 or W10 on this pretty old scanner I think you are going to be unlucky.

john bunyan 10:26 10 Nov 2017

I had a similar issue with a Canonscan 8800f. Got it to work in compatibility mode - I think using W 8 drivers. I will try to remember as it was 18 months ago. Have to go out now

john bunyan 10:33 10 Nov 2017

Here is an article. Download Windows 7 drivers then follow the link - do come back if it works! I noted that W7 drivers (64bit) are available from Canon.

Compatability

john bunyan 10:35 10 Nov 2017

Here is the Canon link

Canon

jonathanj 12:42 10 Nov 2017

Govan1x Your suggestion re CD installation worked! Thank you so much; you have saved me some money. I had forgotten that I even had the CD. Very grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)