CanonScan LiDE 50 AFTER re-install of XP ??

AngeTheHippy 22:45 11 Oct 2004

Hi chaps, I bit the bullet and have re-installed XP - working fine so far... installed printer OK, but the scanner, which I bought last year is a problem - I cannot remember whether it came with an installation CD, it almost certainly DID do, but I can't find it! Any clues where I can get/download the prog from? I looked on the Canon UK site, and they've only got drivers by the look of it.

AngeTheHippy
xx

Giggle n' Bits 23:06 11 Oct 2004

and purchase a new CD. The software may come under utilty for download but if on dial up this would take hours as there is lots of software with the Canons.

AngeTheHippy 15:01 19 Oct 2004

Hi chaps, here we are a WEEK later, and I though a glint of light at the end of the tunnel. Managed to download the installation s/w for the scanner from Canon. However, when I tried installing it, I got the message from sys tray area 'A problem ocurred during the hardware installation. Your hardware may not work properly'. Well, it didn't, so I spoke to some 'helpful' people at Canon and am expecting a call back from them later. Will keep ya posted!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?