Canon TS8150 Duplex printing problem

compumac 12:20 09 Aug 2019

I have a Canon TS8150 printer and print regularly documents that are printed A4 on both sides using Duplex printing. In the past week or so it is evident that the reverse side of the sheet being printed misses out the first four or five lines of text, whereas the first side prints accurately.

For those not aware of Duplex printing the first page is printed and the A4 sheet of paper reverses back automatically into the printer and prints the next page. (Do not wish to be known as a know all and apologise).

Any thoughts as to why this has started to occur?

compumac 22:38 09 Aug 2019

Anyone?

Secret-Squirrel 09:06 10 Aug 2019

compumac, if this is happening on your Windows 10 computer then restart it by clicking the Power icon then choose Restart. In my experience I find that a restart fixes roughly one third of all Windows 10 problems. Note that shutting down the PC then turning t back on again will have no effect.

If that doesn't help, and this problem occurs with all documents/webpages etc, then uninstall the Canon printer drivers then install a fresh copy from the Canon support website. Your problem doesn't sound like a printer-settings issue so a reinstall should fix it.

compumac 09:13 10 Aug 2019

Secret Squirrel

Thanks for input.

If I copy an A4 document directly from the scanner it produces just the same effect in that there is only partial copy produced.

Also the same scenario is displayed when printing to the same printer from two other PC's and Android phone.

Secret-Squirrel 09:43 10 Aug 2019

If I copy an A4 document directly from the scanner..............from two other PC's and Android phone.

Ah, OK then, so it can't be a Windows or driver issue. Your printer is clearly sulking.

Turn your printer off by yanking out its power cable then leave it like that for a couple of minutes.

If that doesn't help then reinstalling the printer's firmware may kick-start it into working again. Here's the link but you'll need a USB-cable connection to do the firmware installation.

compumac 10:21 10 Aug 2019

Secret Squirrel

Thanks again for input

Removed power cable and reinserted - Same scenario.

Followed your link for printer firmware update but realised afterwards that I had already updated the firmware to the latest a little while ago.........................

Thinking about that firmware update I have have had other problems since that date ...hmmmm.

Currently have a replacement Canon printer (TS8250) on tentative order for delivery tomorrow if ordered in the next hour or so, - seemingly an update to the current TS8150, so perhaps currently installed software may be still applicable but will probably uninstall and reinstall.

Thoughts on complete reinstall?

Pine Man 10:42 10 Aug 2019

I doubt it was the last printer update. I have the same printer using the latest update and no problems.

I did have a different issue with mine a short while ago and reinstallation solved it.

Secret-Squirrel 11:52 10 Aug 2019

...... but will probably uninstall and reinstall.

Even though the new printer is a member of the same family, I agree that it's probably best to uninstall the current drivers and install the new ones.

............that I had already updated the firmware to the latest a little while ago........

It's definitely a printer problem so re-applying the same firmware upgrade may just work. You have nothing to lose.

compumac 09:56 11 Aug 2019

Forgive my aged brain.

I have now uninstalled ALL of my Canon TS8150 software in anticipation of receiving my new Canon TS8250 printer today.

Despite the removal of the Canon TS8150 software on all of my desktops, each of those desktops can access the same Canon Printing options as before and can print as before (albeit with the same problems as before).

How can this be unless the displayed print options for the printer are embedded in Windows 10?

I have been at this for too long me thinks!

compumac 10:10 11 Aug 2019

I have also just found out that I do not need someone to walk in front of my car holding a red flag.

Pine Man 11:18 11 Aug 2019

How can this be unless the displayed print options for the printer are embedded in Windows 10?

Probably Windows 10 installing a generic driver for your printer. Sounds like your printer itself is the culprit!

I do not need someone to walk in front of my car holding a red flag.

I didn't realise it had been repealed. My wife will be able to sit in the car next to me now....Uh Oh maybe not so good!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)