Canon S450 printer LPT1/USB`

kerses 17:06 01 Sep 2003

Used to run printer parallel, but recently changed to USB. However, some programs just wont do anything but LPT1. Can I connect both cables to PC, setting each as a separate item in Printers on Control Panel?
kerses

Simon_P 17:50 01 Sep 2003

I run a S520 which is a similar printer on USB, I have never had any problems with programs not running.

Please give specific info, i.e. OS and programs that do not run and any error messages that you receive.

If I can?t help I am sure that someone else can.
I don?t think that you can have both Parallel and USB on same printer at once.
I may be wrong about that.

-pops- 18:14 01 Sep 2003

Do you mean theat some programs won't/can't use the printer now it's on USB?

Try deleting the printer software and re-installing the USB drivers/ink monitors/whatever else for your USB connection.

Be careful to follow the correct procedure for installing USB.

kerses 16:45 02 Sep 2003

Thanks for responses. I am running Win 98. USB working fine except when I want to print from Mealmaster, which appears determined to want LPT1.
I was wondering if I fitted both USB and parallel cables, treating each as a separate printer, whether that would solve the problem. Or could I set up with each cable fitted in turn for setup, then normally leave USB connected, removing it and fitting parallel for Mealmaster?
Any ideas welcome!
kerses

kerses 10:55 10 Sep 2003

uery resolved by a call to Canon support. Have installed USB and parallel as separate printers, and can select either. Thanks for help
kerses

Jester2K II 11:12 10 Sep 2003

Is Mealmaster an old DOS progam??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?