Canon Pixma MG3150 - loud banging noises!!

Joe G 16:13 12 May 2017

Hi

I recently changed the cartridges in the above printer and afterwards (perhaps coincidentally) the printer began to make loud noises when preparing to print or printing - the paper now seems to jam occasionally and duplex printing is unusable - I've found a newer Canon printer that uses the same ink so last resort will be to buy one of those (as ink in new cartridges is worth around £20!) but does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be - I can't see any foreign bodies in either the printer input or output areas or in the duplex unit

xania 16:55 12 May 2017

Sounds like either one of the cartridges is faulty or it's not seated correctly.

MJS WARLORD 17:58 12 May 2017

Hi Joe , i got a canon pixma mp620 i have had it about 6 years , i got the same problem as you , when i turn it on to start printing it sounds like a 1970's football rattle but i just grin and bear it. it has made the weird noises for about 4 years but i just grin and bear it because the printing is perfect , google and canaon cant tell me what the problem is though.

Joe G 23:56 13 May 2017

Thanks - just tried it again but it decided to take all the 20 odd sheets of paper through and feed them back out - I think I need to cut my losses and get another one so ordered a printer that takes same ink for £35 - that will probably only last 2 or 3 years too :-( Appreciate the responses though :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?