canon iP7200 series not responding

conrail 11:58 05 Jan 2019

Hi guys, hope you all had a great Christmas and you all have a great 2019, I am running windows 10 home with a canon iP7200 series printer which I leave permanently switched on, having just got back from holiday and wanting to print a photo, I went through the usual role only to find my printer was off, when I switched it on and tried to print I get the error message, "printer not responding", I have checked the settings, paper tray and switched booth laptop and printer off and on again, on checking devices and printers I have 5 printers showing, the iP7200, the iP7200WS, fax, ms print to pdf & ms xps document writer, I have set both the iP7200 & the iP7200WS to default the WS is not connected, the printer iswifi and the port is CNBJNP_60128b94966d Canon BJ Network Port, can anybody enlighten me on what my problem is please, all help and advice apreciated

wee eddie 12:23 05 Jan 2019

I assume that when you switched it back on, it went through all the usual "Warm up" procedures.

Run through the basics. Unplug the cable from both ends. Reboot a couple of times. Take Ink cartridges out and replace them, also the Paper trays

conrail 13:09 05 Jan 2019

thanks wee eddie, I have tried all of that, still not responding

john bunyan 14:30 05 Jan 2019

Might be worth either updating driver via Device Manager, or even uninstall and reinstall.(with machine switched off, then switch on)

conrail 18:02 05 Jan 2019

thanks guys, had updated drivers, unistalled using device manager then restarted printer and laptop, still same, tried switching off router as well, nothing so decided to be drastic, uninstalled drivers, switched off laptop, unplugged router and printer, left for an hour, just switched back on again and everything fine so thank you wee eddie and john for your help and advice, I appreciate it

john bunyan 21:36 05 Jan 2019

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it worked.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE is the UK's first 5G network, launching next week

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro Buying Guide: 13in vs 15in MacBook Pro

Test : casque audio Avanti C de Moshi