Canon i865 inkjet printer problem

welford 22:25 10 Dec 2003

my recently purchased Canon printer has a problem which Canon cannot seem to resolve. I use it for Graphics especially Adobe Indesign 2 and Microsft publisher. On using their templates and my own designs for greeting cards it refuses to centre the output . The margins though set to be equal always print out with differing dimensions. My previous printer an Epson did it perfectly as does my other attached printer an HP4L laser. I have followed all of Canon,s recommendations without success. Now they want me to sent it to the other end of the country for REPAIR at my expense - this after less than 1 months use!! I feel totally dischuffed. Being a pensioner on a very modest income I cannot waste more money than I already have re paper and inks etc. trying to resolve this problem.

Help anybody?

hugh-265156 02:44 11 Dec 2003

not sure.i use an epson printer and if i select and set the page set up and print properties from within a web browser or program like paintshop,when i print they are not as i selected.

try accessing the printer defaults from:"control panel/printers and faxes" and set up your defaults here.

minter 10:20 11 Dec 2003

Have just run a quick test with Publisher.

I have i965 - noticed that top and left margins are about two-thirds the other two sides.

Tried "fit to page printing" and "normal" both giving idetical results.

Have just got my printer, and now you have me worried, as I use Publisher a lot, and likewise have just changed from an Epson.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?