canon i865 black cartridge problem

hollybank 22:11 26 Jun 2006

A couple of months ago my black cartridge run out, i replaced it with a genuine cartridge. But it did not register in the monitor and did not work. I cleaned out the cartridge and print head - nothing worked. I came to the conclusion that I needed a new print head. The cost of which was £60 +. I decided it was cheaper to replace the printer as a new one was only £50. But the same problem occured and i still cannot print black text. If I print in colour this is fine. I have installed the latest drivers but I am still drawing a blank on the problem. Can anyone help please as it is driving me nuts.
Thanks

Newuser3605 01:14 27 Jun 2006

Hello,

Occurred has two rs in it. I hope this helps.
Did you use the computer and paper to clean it up or did you use some kind of physical actio / materials?
I have one of these printers and find it totally excellent (so far).

Al

Newuser3605 01:16 27 Jun 2006

Hello,

action should have an n in it.

Al

hollybank 19:26 27 Jun 2006

Hi Al
I took the cartridge and the print head out and cleaned them both with warm water. Nothing seems to work!

yaesu 20:17 27 Jun 2006

Hi hollybank, I had much the same prob with my i850. I had to wash out the print head several times and I used so called hand hot water (well that's what the wife called it!)and succeded eventually. I always use ink from here click here and have had no more trouble. Good luck, yaesu

hollybank 21:19 27 Jun 2006

Hi yaesu
Thanks for your help, I washed out the printhead in hot water straight from the tap, which seems to have cleared the fault. although I had tried warm water it seems that this was not enough.
Once again thanks for the tip.
regards
hollybank

Newuser3605 19:51 28 Jun 2006

Hello,
I thought I'd check out where Yaesu got his cartridges and on the CartridgeMonkey site they specify dedicated i865 cleaners. The reusable black one costs £2.95 - cheaper than a new printer, if the warm water doesn't work.
Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)