Cannot update Kaspersky IS 2009

Bentbolt 17:06 24 May 2009

I have downloaded a 41MB update from the Kas. site, namely 8.0.0.506 but when I try to run it a box labeled "NSIS Error" pops up to tell me the installer is corrupted or incomplete. I have taken instruction from Kas. but my version of "Application Data" in All Users does not match what the chap at Kas. told me to do. I have Emailed them again but have not received a reply yet. I don't have a problem with my version of Kas.IS 2009 (which is 8.0.0.357) and have had for 3 months, but the update is certain to further improve an already excellent IS system. Many thanks for any help. Bentbolt.

brundle 17:19 24 May 2009

Clear your browser cache and download the file again - or have they already told you to do that? I've installed that version of KIS on a number of machines and never had an installer error, installing as an update or from scratch.

Forum Editor 19:06 25 May 2009

from Networking.

mfletch 19:21 25 May 2009

Use the update within the program right click on the Kaspersky icon
update

Muergo 20:22 25 May 2009

Download HIPPO update checker, has everything for masses of progs, will download and install for you.

MAT ALAN 20:38 25 May 2009

This sort of error is related to your firewall turn it off and try again...

Bentbolt 15:53 27 May 2009

Thanks to all who have responded to my query. I have tried all your suggestions to no avail. I'm still in communication with KAS. they are telling me to go to C/Documents and Settings/All users/Application Data/Kas.Lab setup Files.The last folder I don't have,just Kaspersky Lab.This does not contain the "setup.exe" file that they want me to click on. Thanks once again. Bentbolt.

brundle 20:49 27 May 2009

Delete all the files in the Kaspersky Lab folder. Clear your temporary files too; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?