Cannot send e:mail

LondoMolari 16:51 14 Apr 2005

I recently changed my mail to BT premier mail. since that time I have been unable to send mail on a regular basis. I have reset Outlook Express account several times and with different settings. No luck. contacted BT and they were able to resolve it for 2 days and then the problem re-appeared. the fault noted is 'cannot open SMTP connection to 217.12.12.124' sometimes the code changes but this is the fault mesaage on 90% of my attemps. Anyone have any idea's, BT are checking but so far no answer.

Technotiger 16:57 14 Apr 2005

Hi, don't exactly know the answer to your problem, but I have noticed within this Forum that quite a few people have been/are experiencing problems using OE. I have never used OE, prefering instead click here

Cheers.

Cuddles 19:18 14 Apr 2005

Cah you receive mail through the yahoo/bt webmail site. If you have not tried go to click here click on mail and put in your full email address in username box and your password in the password box. Also try sending via same program.

Cuddles 19:18 14 Apr 2005

Cah you receive mail through the yahoo/bt webmail site. If you have not tried go to click here click on mail and put in your full email address in username box and your password in the password box. Also try sending via same program.

Cuddles 19:19 14 Apr 2005

Sorry for the double posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?