Cannot print

olben 08:20 07 Feb 2005

I cannot print and cannot bring the print system up. All I get is a hang up. I have tried system checks and when I highlight 'printers' the heading "Refreshing System Information" comes up then the computer freezes. Also, Printers in Start-Settings-printers does not appear. What have I done and can it be put right?

Diodorus Siculus 08:27 07 Feb 2005

What operating system do you use?

If xp:

start

run

sfc /scannow

You will need XP CD.

If 98

start

run

sfc

and click run.

Again, you will need CD.

olben 08:34 07 Feb 2005

To diodorus siculus. Thank you I am on ME. Tried sfc but system doesn't recognise it.

Diodorus Siculus 08:39 07 Feb 2005

As a last option, an install of Me over itself may sort things out for you... I'm not familiar with Me having removed it within a week from my machine and replacing it with Win2k.

FelixTCat 09:08 07 Feb 2005

Uninstall the printer drivers and reinstall. If the drivers do not appear in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel then go to Device Manager and delete the printer and reboot. ME will detect the printer as new hardware. Either let ME reload the drivers or tell it not to and reload the drivers manually.

JIM 10:18 07 Feb 2005

I you have just had the problem due to possible little slip up deleting a file,try your Me restore first.

end 10:28 07 Feb 2005

(am on Win 98se; on the occasion this hit me , I merely rebooted and the thing ran OK after that) unless yours is a repeating fault? in which case I will bow out ::((

^wave^ 11:39 07 Feb 2005

try coming up in safe mode then running scan disk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?