Cannot install OS!

Teddee 20:26 20 Oct 2008

I'm (was)running vista (x64). I used Paragon Partion Manager to change the size of the partitions of the HD and it went into a reboot cycle, not booting the OS.

I had installed Acronis True Image 2009, but on the partition which, upon trying wouldn't restore because of this.

I then formated the C drive with the intention of re-installing with the Vista disk but upon booting from the cd drive (press any key.....) it throws me to a screen requesting me to insert a floppy into the A: Drive which doesn't exist!

Please help....

Totally-braindead 20:29 20 Oct 2008

Check the BIOS boot settings and check its set to boot from the CDROM first.

Teddee 20:32 20 Oct 2008

Checked. Recognises CD & DVD drive which allows me to load from either drive, but on "press any key to boot from disk" throws up screen to input floppy.....

mgmcc 20:35 20 Oct 2008

Can you not boot with the Acronis CD (you may need to change the sequence of boot devices in the BIOS) and then restore your backup from the separate partition?

Teddee 20:39 20 Oct 2008

I can boot with the Acronis boot disk but it wouldn't restore, it told me it was because it was on the same physical disk, albeit on separate partition.

This is why I used acronis to reformat the HD with the intention of re-installing.

Teddee 20:58 20 Oct 2008

Correction. Upon boot with or without disk get request to insert floppy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?