Hot Topics

Cannot get passed wel;come screen Win10

dangerus1 10:56 24 Feb 2016
Answered

My friend has updated his PC from Win7 to Win10, now when he starts up the Log in screen appears with his picture (no password required as he didn't set one up)it stays like that for about a minute and then goes black. Nothing he does will alter that.I had a look, same thing. I got Task Master up with Control-Alt-Delete-New Task and put in explore.exe and pressed go, got the message "explore.exe not found" (got that from YouTube)I have read somewhere that installing Win!0 can damage graphics drivers. Sorry to be so long winded, can anybody help. Tried to set the Bios to boot from CD and reinstall from the CD no luck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:44 24 Feb 2016

1. Boot from your Windows 10 installation Media

2. Select your language preferences, and click on Next

3. Click on Repair your computer at the bottom

4. Click on Troubleshoot

5. Click on Advanced options

6. Click on Startup Settings

7. Click on Restart

8. Select Safe mode with Networking

9. If this woks OK then update the video driver.

dangerus1 13:22 24 Feb 2016

I don't know how to do that Fruit Bat after the Login Screen everything goes black. we tried to set start up fron DVD drive with the original Win 7 CD. I don't know how to update drivers when nothing we do shows up everything is black. the only thing that can be brought up is Taskmaster with Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:11 24 Feb 2016

click here black screen and not signed into windows

click use installtion media

download and create the windows Io installation media

the follow the rest of the instructions on the page

click

Govan1x 15:11 24 Feb 2016

In tasmanager it comes up as Windows Explorer.

Does pressing the Windows Logo and R bring up Run.

or try switching you computer off by pressing in the start button after 10 seconds. Start it and stop it doing that about 5 times to see if another page opens that gives you different repair modes.

dangerus1 19:26 24 Feb 2016
Answer

Nothing we tried did the trick, in desperation I went and set it to boot from disc, when it restarted and asked to boot from CD/DVD it seems you are only given a second or two to press any key, once this was recognised it booted from CD and everything seems OK now. My friend still doesn't know what happened it seemed OK when upgraded but the next time he switched on that happened.

dangerus1 19:30 24 Feb 2016

The above settled the question, thanks for your answers. It seems I messed the "This is the Answer"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique