Cannot Find SHELL.DLL

Andy.F. 00:36 13 Jul 2004

Hello good folks.... I wonder if I can ask your advice on this one please. windows XP home. when I try to install Photoshop or any other prog. I get the following message. Cannot Find SHELL.DLL . first of all the autostart fails to work and when I right click, explore, double click setup exe. and thats the reply I receive after the wee egg timer vanishes. I can,t even install AVG virus scan. another time it said win 16 subsystem may be unstable. sadly the computer didn't come with recovery disks...is there any way to repair please....thankyou very much..... Andy

Dan the Confused 01:11 13 Jul 2004

Have a look at click here

bswatts 16:47 31 Jul 2004

I also have this problem. On trying to open some files (Windows XP-home), i get a report statnh 'SHELL.DLL file cannot be found. Tried solutions and it is now in C:\SYSTMEM 32, but, for esample when i run Norton Cleansweep registry cleanup, i get an error report asking me to send a report to Microsoft and cleansweep just aborts.
Any help welcome.

bswatts 16:48 31 Jul 2004

I also have this problem. On trying to open some files (Windows XP-home), i get a report statnh 'SHELL.DLL file cannot be found. Tried solutions and it is now in C:\SYSTMEM 32, but, for esample when i run Norton Cleansweep registry cleanup, i get an error report asking me to send a report to Microsoft and cleansweep just aborts.
Any help welcome.

Dan the Confused 19:48 31 Jul 2004

It should go in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?