cannot download from a sd card

nutty norm 09:37 02 Aug 2014

i have a nikon digital camera with an SD card installed i can see a video i have on the camera, and am trying to get it on to my computer it downloads the photos but not the video, all i get is a blue screen when trying to view these vidoes, any answers would be grateful, nutty norm

NewestRoyWidd2 10:43 02 Aug 2014

The recommended way to transfer images and videos from any digital camera is to use a card reader in a USB port,and not the camera's software.

nutty norm 17:51 02 Aug 2014

thanks to everyone i have tried downloading from the USB port on my computer, i have just found out the files are in AVI -FORMAT and my camera is a Nikon coolpix S4000 nutty norm (ps i have a card reader on my computer and have tried that also and that did not work will i need to convert the files to a more compatable format

nutty norm 22:32 04 Aug 2014

Thanks to all.i found on my sd card was an avi file which i managed to convert to a format that my dvd player would recognise even though most of the free converters came with a load of junk i managed them in the end , in the future i will only used the camera to take pictures and not movies, nutty norm

nutty norm 22:32 04 Aug 2014

Thanks to all.i found on my sd card was an avi file which i managed to convert to a format that my dvd player would recognise even though most of the free converters came with a load of junk i managed them in the end , in the future i will only used the camera to take pictures and not movies, nutty norm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Procreate's iPhone app offers new brushes, a larger canvas and better support for the iPhone 8/X

Best multi-room speakers for iPhone & Mac owners

Streaming : comment regarder le lancement de Xiaomi en France ?