cannot download blueyonder broadband instant suppo

Fred the flour grader 18:41 04 May 2006

Hi Guys, wonder if any one can help me here. For the last two weeks I have been having problems with Internet Explorer freezing then giving me the following message.
IEplore caused an invalid page fault in module MCF42.DLL at 018f:5f401c65

I have tried running the Blueyonder instant support tool but it would not work either. I have deleted it and tried to download it again but, it gives me the same message as when I previously tried to run it, which is:

"we ran into an error on the page, this could be because you did not click on the "yes" for the security notice when we started the check. Please try again".
I think the problems I am encountering are linked to something but, I have ran a virus scan with latest update (AVG) and ran Spybot search and destroy but it has found nothing wrong. Any help graetly appreciated....Fred

De Marcus™ 18:46 04 May 2006

If you send me and email via the yellow envelope I'll email it to you, it's not too big at 521kb.

De Marcus™ 18:47 04 May 2006

and > an

VoG II 18:48 04 May 2006

Try repairing Internet Explorer click here

Fred the flour grader 19:12 04 May 2006

Thanks guys, I have done what you suggested but it has not worked on this problem thanks VOG. I will await De Marcus e mailing the tool to see how that goes.....Fred

Fred the flour grader 21:58 04 May 2006

Thanks to De Marcus for sending me the Blueyonder support tool. It has succesfully installed and I am testing my internet connection with it soon to see if it can rectify the fault, I will keep the helproom informed of my progress to assist anybody having similar troubles....Fred

postie 22:06 04 May 2006

If you read the instructions for blueyonder installation it tells you to switch OFF all your Anti virus and and firewall progs before installing Blue yonder I just jioned this week and had the same problem

postie

mgmcc 00:50 05 May 2006

<<< If you read the instructions for blueyonder installation it tells you to switch OFF all your Anti virus and and firewall progs before installing Blue yonder >>>

If you connect to the Cable Modem by ethernet, you don't install anything!

If the PC has a network adapter, there is no good reason for either connecting by USB or for installing any software. Just plug in the ethernet cable and you should be online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?