cannot delete files from comuter

cybernut 07:19 23 Oct 2018

Hi i downloaded 2movie files with the avi extension, but now i cannot move, rename or delete them, they will not even play and instead a random music file in my folder will play instead. i ran malware programs, antivirus programs, used hijack this, trying to delete them and other force delete programs. I used command prompt and even booted in with a Linux disk, tried file shredding software and still cannot delete the files. One can see them, but when you want to delete them you get message like, not valid file or file name, file cannot be found etc,so i am worried is it, say a Trojan, how can I delete them, they take up about 2gb space on my hard disk. Thanks

john bunyan 08:39 23 Oct 2018

Have you tried via power shell?

link to ms Forum

MJS WARLORD 17:33 23 Oct 2018

did you see anything unusual when downloading the films , I only ever once download so called free albums by a well known group , they all downloaded ok for about 2 hours then as one was downloading a big green box appeared on screen with no print on it , at that point I new I had been hit by something. task manager refused to work and after reboot I was denied access to all sorts of things , the only reason I was even able to reboot to factory settings was because I had recovery files on a disc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:00 23 Oct 2018

Have you tried Unlocker? click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)