Cannot activate software

Daxsimus 23:27 15 Jul 2005

HI, I have been trying for 2 days now to activate some new software.
When it is suppose to open my web browser to go to the avtivation page i get the error "1625:5 the application was unable to start your web browser" I have disabled everything I can think of that could stop it from opening. There is no way to activate the software manually so how can I find out what is causing the problem? Please help or will have to stomp on disc! Dax.

DieSse 00:21 16 Jul 2005

What software??

Daxsimus 15:24 16 Jul 2005

Sorry for the delay in replying,
The software is Superseller for Ebay Pro.

Daxsimus 21:59 17 Jul 2005

bump

mattyc_92 22:00 17 Jul 2005

Have you contacted the company?

timeteam2004 10:08 18 Jul 2005
  Daxsimus 11:14 18 Jul 2005

Hi, Yes I've contacted them and they say It's due to a prog I have running that is stopping the browser opening to activate. But seen as I have disabled all Protection and anti spyware progs etc I can't see why it's still not working.
But they won't offer me refund as they say it's not down to faulty software so I'm stuck with it.

DieSse 13:07 18 Jul 2005

Can you not just cut and paste the activation link into the browser address bar?

Daxsimus 13:54 18 Jul 2005

Well yes you would think so, but there is no link to copy, so I thought I'd install on a second computer then copy the link to mine. But that didn't work either. I can't help thinking that if it is that difficult to install the software that it might be best just not to bother.

DieSse 13:57 18 Jul 2005

Is the link a Java Script - do you have this disabled in the browser?

The link to activate - where is it - in the software itself, or an email?

What browser are you using Internet explorer, Firefox, or summat else??

Daxsimus 14:09 18 Jul 2005

I am using Maxthon browser as the default, but I have treid IE aswell. The link is in the software, so I can't actually type it in manually. I have Java enabled in the browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?